You may only think about mold once you detect musty odors or see visible patches in your O’Fallon home or business. Whether you have spots developing or feel like an issue lurks somewhere, hiring a professional team for mold remediation is best. Many property owners experienced failed DIY cleanup events that worsened the problem.
Facts About Mold and Mildew Everyone Should Know
Several things could be improved about microbial growth and how it develops. RCC Restoration not only works to clean your commercial or residential interior, but we are also happy to educate you on some of the basics of mold, such as:
- Mildew and mold are terms often used interchangeably. However, mildew is a variety of mold that leaves powdery residues.
- As a living microbe, mold spores surround us indoors and outside.
- For this fungus to colonize, it must have an organic food source/host material and moisture.
- Microbial growth can develop on various surfaces and within carpeting, fabrics, insulation, and under wallpaper.
It would be best to remain safe until our professional mold remediation technicians arrive at your property for inspection and cleaning. Please remember:
- All inhabitants and pets should stay out of suspected areas.
- Turn off your HVAC system and fans to inhibit spores from moving into other areas of your home or business.
- Do not spray, touch, or disturb the spores.
You Can Trust RCC Restoration’s Mold Cleanup Process
Dealing with fungi can be challenging, which is why you need someone trained to use specialized techniques to generate safe, efficient results. Our technicians wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and strict safety guidelines. Once we arrive, you can count on us to:
- Install containment barriers and negative pressure systems to keep microscopic spores from traveling into unaffected areas of your home.
- Setting up advanced HEPA filtration air scrubbers to pull particulates from the air.
- Sanitizing all surfaces using EPA-registered cleaning agents and antimicrobials.
- Performing contents cleaning and repair/reconstruction of unsalvageable materials, as needed.
We Never Leave Any Areas Left Unaddressed
In instances where you have a colony growing within an enclosed space, we may use abrasive measures to clean the area. We have media blasting equipment that works to abrade surfaces, with one example being dry ice pellets. The pellets help by freezing the spores and keeping them from becoming airborne. We also have soda blasting, where the product helps eliminate any musty odors in the area. No matter the cause of your O’Fallon mold problem or the extent of it, RCC Restoration has the techniques and training to ensure you get safe, efficient results. Once you call us, we will set a crew in motion to begin the remediation process as soon as possible.